Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Special Teatime Tuesday.

I'm joining Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for a special tea to honour the 100th Anniversary of the sinking of The Titanic.

on april 10th 1912 the Titanic began her maiden voyage, in the early hours of  april 15th 1912 she tragically sank in the Atlantic Ocean, having struck an iceberg late the previous evening. more than 1500 passengers and crew perished making the titanic one of the worst peace time disasters.

she was the grandest ship and was fitted out in all finery.

may they rest in peace

The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want;
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters;
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for His name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil;
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life;
and I shall dwell in the house of the
Lord forever.



first class bedroom on Titanic (google images)
titanic dining room (google images) 
Titanic menu for 14th april 1912 (google images)
first class ticket for the Titanic (google images)

for my tea I have made some English tea sandwiches to share, egg and also cucumber

my tea cups are Royal Albert, Lady Carlyle (above)

Royal Albert, Queens Messenger (above)

I'm sharing with 


3 comments:

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Bridget,
thank you for your visit and your sweet comment. Your tribute is also lovely. Its really a sad desaster, that this ship sunk and so many people has to die. I like to see those photos of the glorious time, as they started. Such a luxury! Thank you for your wonderful tea with the yummy sandwiches. I love all Royal Albert patterns and you have a wonderful tablecloth.
Best greetings, Johanna

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Bridget,
Thank you for joining me for tea and sharing your tribute to the Titanic as well. The Lady Carlyle teacup is always a favourite of mine and the other is lovely too. You cannot go wrong with Royal Albert! Such a pretty tablecloth too. I would enjoy a cucumber sandwich with my tea. Have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Tea in Texas said...

I am glad you shared your information about the Titanic and the menus used on the ship. I love your Lady Carlyle cup and saucer with the flowers and pink designs. Thanks. Pam