Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Jam & Cream Topped Scones

Here in Australia we make a more sweetened type of scone, often adding dried fruits such as sultanas or topping a plain scone with jam and cream. my favourite is strawberry or raspberry jam & whipped cream....yum! especially served warm from the oven. a nice cup of tea nicely rounds of a delicious afternoon tea!

  Scone recipe

3 cups (450g) self-raising flour
1 tsp caster sugar
Pinch salt
50g butter, chopped
1 1/4 cups (310ml) milk
Milk, extra, to glaze
strawberry or raspberry jam, to serve
Double cream, to serve

I'm sharing with
Tea Time Tuesday
Mix It Up Monday
Your Cozy Home Party
Crazy Sweet Tuesday
Rock 'N Share Party
Full Plate Thursday
Whatever Goes Wednesday
Foodie Friday

10 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sunshine Girl,
It's a pleasure to meet you. Your scones look wonderful and I always put dried fruit in mine too; raisins, dried cranberries, even left over fruit from my fruit cakes. Yours look yummy with jam and cream!
You are more than welcome to link up to my tea party if you like. Would love to have you! Hope you're having a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Heirloom treasures said...

mMM lovely,my favourite too.
:) jeanetteann,also from Australia

Kathleen said...

They look delicious!
Thanks so much for stopping by the Blog Crawl! I am your newest follower!

Anonymous said...

I put dried fruit in scones, but I do not remember adding cream on top. Yours look very tempting, and I bet they are wonderful with tea or coffee. Thanks so much for sharing your scones at my party. I'm your newest follower! Hope to see you again next week!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Your scones look so delicious and just beautiful on your pretty plate. Thank you for sharing!! Have a wonderful day.

Patsy said...

I love scones, and especially when they are topped with jam and cream! Patsy

Miz Helen said...

Good Morning Bridget,
Your Jam & Cream Toppped Scones look delicious on that beautiful serving dish. I think I have a teapot that matches your dish. I also wanted you to know that your link is working now. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Miz Helen

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

I love the cream on top! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday! I hope you'll stop back soon :)

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

Your scones look delicious. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day! Hope you will visit Magnolia Cottage for tea time.

Blessings,
Lisa

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations!
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you are having a great week end and enjoy your new Red Plate.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen